Welcome to The Hump! Podcast … In episode 37 of The Hump! Podcast: The Music of Our Lives … The fellas are back as Brent Bowen and Chad Beland chat about future guests, music, and concert stories. They also talk about their new lives as bucket drummers and the beer tour they may be going on soon.
The Hump! Podcast Episode 37 Show Notes – The Music of Our Lives
If You Missed The First Two Seasons
Miss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page.
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher.
In Ep. 37 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad Chat Bucket Drumming, Music and Concert Stories.What Craft Beers Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Chad and Brent are both drinking the Anustart New England IPA from Manhattan Brewing Company from the “Little Apple” Manhattan, KS. The fellas talk Manhattan vs. Lawrence beer but they agree they don’t discriminate!
We launched season 3 and a promised series about beer… soon folks soon… some future guests are planned and we are sharing who!
- Alana Gwinner who has been a guest before will be on the show very soon. She has been a strong voice in the discussion of the Boulevard Brewing Co incidents over the past few months.
- Later in May, they will be having guests Roxy and Cory who are in the podcast KC drink scene. On their podcast, Drink KC, they chat about all things drinks, craft beer, cocktails, etc.
- Another guest that may be coming on is someone who decided to take a “Beer vacation” and stopped drinking altogether.
- However, since the guests couldn’t come in for a few weeks, the fellas decided to do an interlude show.
Music of Our Lives
Missing a good show as much as travel
- In the last few shows the fellas talked about missing traveling but they say they miss a good show just as much. They are even getting involved in the music as part of an Urban Bucket Brigade through Kansas City Young Audiences. Jaisson Taylor (a renowned percussionist in KC) is teaching a class that Chad and Brent will be taking in Bucket Drumming. Brent talks of his love of seeing people bucket drum whenever he is traveling.
- The fellas chat about taking their bucket drums on the road and doing a beer tour. They chat about hitting Cleveland and the Rock N’ Roll hall of fame. Milwaukee and Asheville were both on the list as well.
- The fellas fell in love with the Beastie Boys documentary on AppleTV+. In the documentary, the Bestie Boys talk about songs that they don’t really like to play because they don’t represent them very well. Brent says it is weird for him to listen to those songs now.
- Another documentary they watched was about the Bee Gees. While many remember them as disco they were pop singers way before then and had several popular songs they wrote. Brent was actually inspired by them and their disco music to write a story that he sold — 100 Beats.
- Brent is a big Prince fan and they actually share a birthday. When they were in Minneapolis last they went and saw Prince’s palace. They talk about his home in Paisley Park. Brent says in Prince’s house he had this little old kitchenette that you could find in any old house. However, if you went to his music studio you would find wood that was only found in remote corners of the world. Prince devoted so much of his life to music. They also learned on this tour that Prince loved waffles and Finding Nemo.
What is the best show you have ever seen?
- Brent asks Chad what is the best show he has ever seen and he said surprising Cold Play and U2 but that Foo Fighters always put on a great show. The guys discuss Foo Fighters being inducted into the hall of fame and finding a time to see them on tour. Brent says his favorite moment from a concert was at a Foo Fighters concert when Dave Grohl was in a cast and came out in a wheelchair that was basically made out of guitars.
What is the most memorable show you’ve been to?
- Chad says he was just told that Van Halen was playing and the opening band just happened to be Kool & The Gang and rocked it. Chad says the Monsters of Rock tour at Arrowhead was also insane.
- Brent says his happened when he was a Freshman in college at KU. He was a volunteer and was part of the security crew for Pearl Jam. They had signed a contract before they blew up to play this free outdoor concert in Lawrence, KS, and then proceeded to blow up before the show actually happened. They still came and played and had a crazy amount of people show up to this concert. Brent was backstage afterward and watched a girl run up to kiss one of the band members and then she proceeded to faint.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …
To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D.
What’s Triple D?
They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move … We actually had several this week. Listen to the full episode to see which ones didn’t get chosen!
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who climbs out of GA into the area where you paid good money for a reserved ticket and they act put out when you want to sit in your seat?“
- There were a lot of choices for this one but Chad chose the one above. This happened to Brent and Chad at the last Black Keys concert they went to. Chad said it is hard because they are fired up and maybe they are just lacking some self-awareness. They debate it for a little bit and eventually come to an agreement. Watch the show to find out what it was!
You Can Catch The Hump! Live
They’ll publish the replays on Facebook and places where good audio can be found (see below platforms — and not saying they’re good, but they’ll slum along greatness).
If You Enjoy The Hump! Podcast? Spread The Love
Thanks for checking the guys out! If you enjoy The Hump! Podcast … go out to the …
- He Says She Says KC Facebook Page and like/follow us if you haven’t already …
- Or … simply subscribe to us and rate us/ leave us a comment on your favorite Podcast platform, such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher
- Also check out the He Says She Says KC blog … and subscribe to the newsletter