The fellas continue season three, recording in person, which you can catch on Facebook… chatting all things inane and profound (have you actually listened to the show). And this episode’s Triple D: What do you call someone who, when you stop for gas … sneaks over to a nearby restaurant for a sit-down lunch?
The Hump! Podcast Episode 44 Show Notes – On The Road Again
If You Missed The First Two SeasonsMiss the first season or so of The Hump! Show?
- You can watch replays on Facebook. (You also can catch us LIVE 6 p.m. CST most Thursdays on Facebook.)
- Listen to episodes on The Hump! Podcast Archive page.
- Subscribe to us (be sure to rate us and leave us a comment, too) on your favorite Podcast platform, such as iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google, Spotify and Stitcher.
In Ep. 44 of The Hump! Podcast, Brent & Chad chat about trips this summer, future vacation plans, and traveling again. What Craft Beers Are The Fellas Drinking?
- Chad is drinking Stillwater/Freethought, The Doors of Perception. It is a sour farmhouse India pale ale with guava, coconut, and sage.
- Brent is drinking a Lemon Marange beer from Evil Twin Brewing.
On the Road Again… Now that mask mandates are being lifted… travel’s on a fever pitch…. We’re kicking off a little travel segment for the next few episodes
- Brent talks about this statistic he had heard from CNN. During the first week in May, the number of vacation rental property reservations made in Florida was 40% higher than it was during the same week in 2019, according to figures from Transparent, a data analytics firm for the short-term rental industry. Chad says people have been held up for a year so they are rushing to get out and do something.
Last year it was RVs / Now Rental Cars
- Chad says that he has had to rent a car recently and that rental cars are almost as expensive as flights right now. Brent talks about booking a rental car a few months ago for a trip this summer. He has recently looked at how the prices have changed since and it has almost tripled! Chad said they were planning to travel and deciding between Portland and Seattle. When they looked at getting a rental car in Portland there were absolutely no rental cars available for the dates they were going. So, now they are going to Seattle, and are hoping by August the streets won’t be melting anymore. Brent says the reason they are having such a huge shortage on rentals cars is because last year no one was renting and they sold off a lot of them.
- Brent brings up this article about what to do if you can’t find a rental car. The article says some car dealerships will actually rent cars out from time to time. The benefit of big car rental companies though is getting to drive it from state to state without worrying about bringing it back to where you picked it up.
Why the Disney Insanity?
- Brent says with the kids they tend to have more insane vacations. Brent is going to Disney World this summer. Originally, they were supposed to go to Estes Park. However, they found that the Air BNB prices were much higher than expected. The next travel option was Disney World and they found much cheaper Air BNBs in the Orlando area. Brent is having a bit of buyer’s remorse because he feels like at this point he’s spent enough money he could have gone to Hawaii. The fellas discuss their friend Shannon who planned a Disney trip a few years ago. She had picked out exactly what meals they would be having from what restaurants at what time several months ahead of time. Brent said he thought his chart of rides they were going to ride hour by hour was insane but decided that took the cake.
Where are you off to this summer Chad?
- Chad is taking a trip to Seattle next month and then will also be going to New York for his daughters 21st in a few weeks. They agreed New York is probably a pretty good place to turn 21. Brent says it’s like London, you can’t fall down or swing a dead cat without hitting a pub. The fellas continue talking about future trips that will happen in the next few years. Chad says they are wanting to do an international trip next year but is waiting for things to open back up. Chads 25th wedding anniversary is next year and they are thinking somewhere in the South Pacific like Bora Bora or Bali. Brent say him and Becca are thinking Europe for next year. Specifically, he says, Amsterdam and Venice.
- Future guests include the President of an Event and Travel Company and one of our own … our Audio Producer Matt is a former employee of the Utah Department of Wildlife and New England Aquarium. Matt is a huge out door buff and they were talking about the pacific north east. Brent says Matt has traveled solo a bunch of places and will be talking about some of the best outdoor travel destinations. Another guest that will be on the show is the president of an event and travel company. They were hit really hard by the pandemic so that episode will touch a bit on the travel industry during the last year and how it is recuperating.
And This Episode’s Game of “Triple D” …To close out The Hump! Podcast … Brent and Chad play a quick round of Triple D. What’s Triple D? They throw out a scenario … and discuss whether it’s a DICK, DOUCHE or DUMBASS move …
This week’s Triple D move — What do you call someone who when you stop for gas … sneaks over to a nearby restaurant for a sit down lunch?“Brent adds that this was in a caravan too so there were two cars traveling together. This person also did not notify anyone that they were leaving to do this. Chad says this is just a dick move. Brent’s idea was that he should of just left him and he could of Ubered they extra hour back to KC. Chad asks what they actually did do. Listen to the podcast to find out what actually happened and how Brent decided to rate it!